Mukuni


Mukuni is a courageous woman, that has found her calling in encouraging people around her using her faith in God. A proud wife, mother and Social Worker, Mukuni offers a voice of hope to those with a listening ear.She also loves shoes :)

What do you celebrate about being a woman?
I believe women hold a special place in God’s heart. I am created in the image of God, fearfully and wonderfully made. That’s who God says I am and that’s what I live by. I like that I possess a kind, nurturing and compassionate nature. Also, I can own truck loads of shoes and not have to justify why ha!

What do you wish other women knew? 
I wish above all things that every woman will come to the realisation that they are created in the image of God. That they are beautiful just as they are. We don’t have to constantly try to be someone else or be at loggerheads with one another all the time. Additionally, everything you need is in God, He is our source and until we go back to the Source, everything will remain chaotic. It’s okay to be different even as women, if anything our differences are what make us beautiful collectively. 
How do you express yourself creatively? 
I like writing. I used to write poems and short stories in primary and Junior High School but it’s something I have never taken seriously. Maybe it’s high time I revisited this ‘hidden’ talent, who knows where it will lead me?
How are you making a difference in the world? 
I am telling people about my walk with God, I am a born again Christian and am not ashamed to let this be known in my sphere of influence and beyond. Because of my faith, I try by all means to see the positive in everyone and to ensure that in all my interactions with people, I bless them with my words, smile and countenance.
What do you believe is your calling and what are you doing about it? 
I believe the Lord has called me to be a Worshipper and an encourager, it’s such a dark world out there. Everywhere you look it’s bad news. I serve in my church’s Praise and Worship team as a singer. I am constantly encouraging people through my Facebook and Twitter pages, on the phone, a prayer group I’m part of on Whatsapp and my one on one interactions.
How do you celebrate where you come from?
I come from Zambia and I am very proud of my roots and heritage. I speak 3 local languages fluently (Bemba, Nyanja and Mambwe) and I am not ashamed to express myself in my mother tongue (Bemba). I like how rich the Proverbs in Bemba are. I have taken it upon myself to teach my daughter Bemba so that I can pass on this part of our heritage to her. I am enjoying the journey because I believe each time one sets out to teach, they begin a journey of re-discovery and learning too.
What do you consider to be the biggest obstacle you have had to overcome? 
The biggest obstacle I have had to overcome was relocating to Zambia after having lived in England for a while. Settling back in was quite a challenge, especially with regards to finding employment. But the flip side meant I had all the time in the world to be a dotting wife and mother to my little girl. In hindsight, I believe that’s a deliberate pause that God put in my life in order for me to re-arrange my priorities.

If you need encouragement, prayer or just someone to talk to, you can connect with Mukuni on Facebook or follow her on twitter @Kashsimps.

11 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Got FOMO?

Congratulations! You failed.